Château Lascombes, a Margaux ranked Second Growth in the 1855 classification, bears the name of its first owner, Chevalier de Lascombes, born in 1625.
At the turn of the XVIIIth century, Jean-François de Lascombes, a councillor at the Bordeaux Parliament, dedicated his wealth to making great wines at Lascombes.
The existing château was built in 1867 by barrister Chaix d’Est Ange. In the early nineteen fifties, Alexis Lichine purchased Lascombes and proceeded to give it prestige and world-wide fame. In 2001, anxious to preserve the production of a wine worthy of its rank and appellation, the cellars and the eight four hectare vineyard then, were completely restructured. Since the purchase in July 2011 by the MACSF, a new era dawned on the estate.
Today, Château Lascombes blends state-of-the-art technology with traditional methods to maximum effect.